We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join join our dynamic team of engineers and scientists.
We value talent, creativity and hard work and offer a supportive work environment that encourages teamwork and open-mindedness.
Applications are invited for a creative Mechanical Engineer to work on the development, and implementation of mechanical systems for a variety of projects. The appointed engineer will support an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists working together in microfluidics and 3D cell culture. The role will involve the following tasks;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to create innovate mechanical designs that meet project requirements.
- Conducting thorough analyses and calculations to ensure the integrity, safety, and efficiency of mechanical components and systems.
- Conducting experiments methodically, analysing data and interpreting results.
- Preparing and reviewing technical drawings, specifications, and documentation.
- Overseeing the installation, testing, and commissioning of mechanical systems.
- Identifying opportunities for design optimisation and cost-effective solutions.
- Providing engineering support to Biologists.
- Preparation/Support the preparation of technical presentations and report writing including writing/editing of SOPs and peer-reviewed publications as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical engineering is desirable.
- Proficient in using CAD software (e.g. AutoCAD Inventor) and other relevant tools.
- A good understanding of electrical systems is desirable as you will be coordinating with both electrical and software engineers on projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills for effective collaboration.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage tasks within defined timelines.
Closing date: 12th September 2023