Biology Lab Supervisor
We are looking for a Biology Lab Supervisor to join our dynamic team of engineers and scientists on a full-time, permanent basis.
We value talent, creativity and hard work and offer a supportive work environment that encourages teamwork and open-mindedness.
Applications are invited for a Biology Lab Supervisor with experience in Cell Culture Techniques and Biochemical Assays. The appointed Supervisor will support an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists working together in microfluidics and 3D cell culture. They will be required to perform administrative, coordination and supervisory tasks as well as driving laboratory improvements. The role will involve the following tasks;
- Effectively coordinating and supervising the biological laboratory so that the quality of the work and the service consistently meet the requirements of the organisation.
- Improve work procedures and processes that support the company goals.
- Reporting relevant metrics to management.
- Ensuring high GMP, GLP standards are maintained within a R&D environment and adherence to departmental policy and procedures are met (SOP’s, safety procedures and biosafety protocols).
- Support all personnel to complete project and daily work-related items.
- Lead/support the implementation of QC procedures and laboratory processes, oversee continuous improvement methods to enhance laboratory operation and efficiency.
- Perform technical review of data generated in laboratory, validation protocols and reports.
- Perform laboratory experiments when required to support the biological/engineering team.
- Collaborate cross -functionally with engineers for project implementation.
- Develop and update procedures for instruments, calibration, and training.
- Ensure equipment and systems calibration schedules are adhered to and troubleshoot laboratory methods and instrument problems.
- Effectively managing project planning, set-up, resources, and laboratory budget.
- Mentoring and development of staff by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- To ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in the Laboratory.
- Preparation/support the preparation of technical presentations and report writing including writing/editing of SOPs and peer-reviewed publications as required.
- At least a PhD. (Level 10 NFQ) in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a relevant discipline or a MSc. (Level 9 NFQ) with 3 yrs + equivalent experience.
- At least 3yrs supervisory experience.
- Experience of bioassays and cell culture techniques for mammalian cell culture essential.
- Ability to effectively disseminate information to research teams and management.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated, and good with working with people from other disciplines.
- High level of attention to detail.
Closing date: 5th October 2023