Senior Research Scientist
We are looking for a Research Senior Scientist to join join our dynamic team of engineers and scientists.
We value talent, creativity and hard work and offer a supportive work environment that encourages teamwork and open-mindedness.
Applications are invited for a Senior Research Scientist with experience in Cell Culture Techniques and Biochemical Assays. The appointed scientist will support an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists working together in microfluidics and 3D cell culture. The role will involve the following tasks;
- Operate to GLP standards within an R&D laboratory
- Working within a research team to plan, organise and execute R&D projects
- Maintenance of mammalian cell cultures (cell lines, stem/iPSC and primary cells) and associated tasks
- Formation and characterisation of 3D cell models (spheroids/organoids)
- In-vitro cell viability and ELISA-based assays and optimisation of same
- Supporting and executing experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation of same
- Providing biological support to Engineers
- Preparation/Support the preparation of technical presentations and report writing including writing/editing of SOPs and peer-reviewed publications as required
- Laboratory housekeeping and equipment maintenance
- At least a MSc. (Level 9 NFQ) in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a relevant discipline
- Experience of bioassays essential
- Experience in cell culture techniques for mammalian cell culture essential
- Ability to disseminate information to research teams and management
- PhD (Level 10 NFQ) in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a relevant discipline and/or at least 3yrs relevant experience.
- Experience of RT qPCR/immunostaining an advantage
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated, and good with working with people from other disciplines
Closing date: 16th August 2023